1) Use VLC Media Player
Some media player software like Windows Media Player has limited codecs and functionality, so they play only a narrow range of media file types and may choke on 4K videos. The popular free player VLC is highly recommended, as it can play just about anything. I can't tell you how many times VLC would play something that Windows Media Player could not.
2) Transcode the Video to HD Using HandBrake
Some older hardware simply doesn't have the horsepower to play 4K videos, so you could try transcoding (aka converting) the video to HD. This will reduce the resolution, but also reduce the file size and hardware requirements, thus allowing the video to play. The popular free software HandBrake does a fine job at transcoding.
3) Download the Video Again
Perhaps the video file got damaged in transit. Please try downloading it again.
Feel free to get in touch if the above solutions do not work for you.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new Bitcoin payment processor. In the meantime here's how to pay for your order:
1) You'll be logged in after placing your order. Go to the "My Orders" section on the user menu.
2) You'll see a Bitcoin payment widget below the order info. Simply enter the total amount due, your email address, and order number (e.g. 221), and click "Pay w/ Bitcoin."
3) Follow the Bitcoin payment process as usual. We'll complete the order after receiving payment confirmation. Please note that there may be a delay as we could be in different time zones (and asleep). Thank you!
STEP 1: Get a Bitcoin Wallet
Just like getting a wallet to hold your cash, you need a Bitcoin wallet app to hold your digital cash. I highly recommend Bitpay's wallet app.
STEP 2: Fund the Bitcoin Wallet
In other words put some money into it. When I was first setting up Bitcoin, I didn't want to sign up for lots of online accounts until I had a better understanding of it. Therefore, I initially funded my wallet with cash at a Bitcoin ATM. It's easy, anonymous, and saves you from having to sign up for anything. Find one near you here: CoinATMRadar
The nice thing about this is that it gets you out of your house and into the real world. Get some fresh air and explore a new destination. If you still prefer the online approach, then alternatively you can fund your wallet with Paxful. They offer tons of payment options, including widely-available gift cards.
STEP 3: Buy Something
Try buying something with your new Bitcoin. How about something from our online shop :-) After submitting the purchase, the system will display a QR code. Simply scan this QR code with your Bitcoin wallet app to complete the transaction.
* Bitpay - How to Pay with Bitcoin - Another fantastic, slightly-more-detailed "how-to" article
* Coinbase - A popular online Bitcoin exchange if you decide to take your new Bitcoin hobby to the next level
One of the more challenging aspects of getting started as an amateur porn video producer is how to sell your product. You would think that popular and widely-accessible services like Paypal, Shopify, and VHX could come to your assistance.
Unfortunately, it's not to be. Most all those well-known services forbid adult-related transactions. The adult industry is locked-out, blacklisted, and banned. This theme will resonate especially when trying to use any of these mainstream services. Hopefully someday this will change, but in the meantime I was forced to look elsewhere.
An alternative is to pursue and apply for your very own credit card merchant account. However, there's an inherent catch-22 here. The application and approval process is arduous, and many want evidence of several months of stable transaction volume. But in this era of everything-done-online, how would you get any sales volume without the merchant account? Good luck accepting cash or checks for your digital porn videos. Bitcoin is an option, but credit card is still king of the online transaction.
Luckily there are solutions to this conundrum--online clipstores specifically for adult industry amateurs. Instead of applying for a merchant account yourself, they handle the transactions for you and host the digital delivery of your content. They take a percentage of your sales revenue to fund their service.
I expended considerable effort researching the best ones, and I present them here. My criterion for determining the "best" was the payout percentage. Secondary factors included how nice the site looks and how quickly and easily transactions can be completed. Since I figured I would have to promote my own content by posting free previews to my tube site channels, I didn't take into account if a particular clipstore promotes performers or videos on a main homepage.
This one totally rocks, and it's the one I currently use.
- You get an awesome 85% cut, which is the most generous I've found.
- They handle chargebacks and fraud. Wow.
- Their site is gorgeous and very easy to use.
- Customer transactions are quick and easy. There's no lengthy customer registration process.
- Very responsive, professional, and friendly support.
- Absolutely no problems with payouts--always accurate and on-time.
- They don't have a main homepage to promote producers, performers, or videos. You promote your own store. I actually like it this way, but some may prefer a clipstore that features performers, etc. on their homepage. They do partner with another site that offers Snapchat promotion, however.
I used to use this one, but switched to Indiebill due to the superior payout percentage.
- 70% payout, which is better than most other clipstores that offer 50%~60%.
- Beautiful website. I especially like their handy video preview maker.
- They have a main homepage that features performers and videos. Some may like the promotional benefits of this style.
- Customer transactions are quick and easy. There's no lengthy customer registration process.
- Professional and on-time payouts.
- Payout percentage is not as good as Indiebill.
- The upload process could be better. I don't like using FTP because it's not encrypted.
Vuier takes a unique approach as they specialize in video on demand (VOD) and live streaming.
- Fairly generous payout percentage.
- You can embed your videos and sales pages on other sites, a valuable feature for promoting your content.
- You can enroll your content in an affiliate partner program, which enables and motivates others to promote your stuff.
- The payout calculation is too convoluted. This is from their website: We pass our direct 3rd party fees for both our Video on Demand and Live Streaming services to you, which is netted from your payout. These 3rd party fees are: Video Delivery Fee - 4.84%, Payment Processing Fee - 5.9% plus $0.51 per purchase. Our service fee is 10%. WTF?? Doing the math reveals that the payout is actually closer to 80%.
- At time of writing they cannot do 4K video.
- At time of writing customers cannot download the videos.
Others Worth Mentioning
ModelCentro seems geared towards amateurs (e.g. camgirls) that want to launch and market their brand. You can create a subscription-based store and sell more than just videos. This one might be for you if you're leaning towards a subscription-based business model.
This is one of the most popular clipstores on the web, but I fail to see why. The site is an eyesore and they only offer a 60% payout. No thanks.
Finally, here's a list of even more clipstores: http://webcamstartup.com/sell-amateur-porn/
However, after posting these first videos, I soon realized based on feedback received (much of it more hateful than necessary) that my viewing preference is in the tiny minority. In other words I'm odd--not the first time I've heard that. The majority of viewers seem to prefer no background music, and music in porn is apparently one of those things that people are very passionate about. I would never be able to please everyone no matter what music I chose. This explained why I rarely find scenes with background music.
I suppose those that do like to listen to music while watching porn just play their preferred music themselves (as I do). This makes sense to me now. It's far better to give people a choice rather than force-feed my own preference.
Lesson learned. I won't bother with background music.
As I do believe in listening to the fans, I gave up on background music in subsequent scenes. I also re-edited the first 2 scenes without background music, and these "no music" versions are now available for purchase. Thank you for watching.
When it comes to adult video, "it's all about the girl," so most assume there aren't any exposure workarounds for female performers. This doesn't mean it's impossible to overcome, however. Some solutions for those concerned about over-exposure do indeed exist, so let's look at some.
Makeup, Wigs, Contacts, and Eyelashes
I'm forever amazed by how dramatically the right combination of things like makeup, color contacts, and eyelash extensions can change a woman's look. Top it off with a singular hairstyle, stylish wig, or hair extensions, and you're a different person. Experiment with a combination of looks and find one that best represents your on-camera performer self. Disassociated from your private life look, your AV persona could sport a gyaru, burikko, gothic, or J-pop idol appearance. What will your AV image be like?
In today's Internet age where many enjoy side projects in the porn industry while working normal jobs to make ends meet, masks are becoming more and more commonplace. While it may seem counterintuitive to cover the girl's face, entire genres have emerged from this specific fetish. Personally I'm a fan of masquerade-style masks as they cover enough to obfuscate the face while piquing the viewer's curiosity and imagination.
Nothing obfuscates your identity like Japan's own cosplay culture. While in the same vein as the previous solutions, cosplay extends the AV alter-ego even further with a captivating costume and unique character personality. Japan's many "talento" do this skillfully. On TV they're in character, but in real life they're themselves--two distinct identities. Live out your fantasies as a seductive French maid, sexy nurse, provocative geisha, or your favorite anime character. What kind of character would you choose for your AV scene?
Work With Us
Covert Japan is uncommon among other adult video producers because we market our productions exclusively overseas, focusing our efforts on non-Japanese sales outlets and the interracial video genre. We promote our videos through Western adult video websites, and our online shop is in English. Our approach may appeal to those concerned about personal privacy and over-exposure. In addition, we're more than happy to work with you to respect any special wishes you may have, including the solutions explained above. Please contact us to get started!